- Dr. Mazzagatti holds the faculty rank of Adjunct Professor of Law at the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University where he teaches Health Law.
Education & Jurisdictions
- Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University, J.D., 2010
- Columbia Southern University, PhD in Health Care Administration, 1999
- Central Michigan University, M.S.A. in Health Care Administration, 1994
- SUNY-Empire State College, B.S. in Health Care, 1991
- Licensed in New York and New Jersey
- Successfully defended multi-license professional at OPD against charges brought by three (3) separate licensing boards.
- Successfully represented physician at OPMC against fraud allegations and license revocation.
- Successfully argued New York and New Jersey No-Fault Law distinctions before Arbitrator defeating insurance carrier allegations of ineligibility for provider.
- Represented multi-facility skilled nursing home operator group against US Attorney allegations of COVID-19 fraud and abuse.
- Represented Seller of urgent care practice to national urgent care practice group.
- Represented as co-counsel qui tam realtor against urgent care provider for violations of the federal False Claims Act.
- Represented Buyer of acute care hospital in New Jersey.
- Represented clients undergoing investigations by Attorney General, OIG, OMIG, DOH and MACs.
(For Federal, New York and New Jersey Law)
- Stark Law Issues
- Anti-Kickback Statute
- False Claims Account Violations
- Compliance programs
- Prohibitions Against the Corporate Practice of Medicine
- HIPAA privacy and security regulations