Weiss Zarett Brofman Sonnenklar & Levy, P.C. is currently seeking a talented, experienced and entrepreneurial Transactional Attorney to join our team in New Hyde Park, New York (11042).
The ideal candidate will be capable of excelling in a high-quality legal environment, and motivated to become a long-term member of a close-knit legal team.
- Preparation and negotiation of corporate and transactional documents, such as asset and stock purchase agreements, membership interest purchase agreements, operating agreements, shareholders agreements, management agreements, employment agreements and settlement agreements
- Structuring of transactions within complex regulatory environments, including mergers and acquisitions, and deals involving private equity and venture capital investment
- Proactively handle and manage transactional projects from beginning to end, including the conduct of due diligence and deal negotiations
- Working collaboratively with clients throughout the course of representation, including extensive client contact
- Providing superior client service
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school is required
- At least 4-7 years of relevant experience is required
- Familiarity with healthcare-related laws and regulations (such as the Stark Law, anti-kickback laws, and New York corporate practice and fee splitting prohibitions) is a plus but not required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent legal and business judgment and client counseling capabilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be extremely organized and detail oriented
- Ability and desire to work as part of a cohesive legal team
- Creativity in developing client-focused solutions
- Have a positive professional attitude and be very reliable
- Entrepreneurial with a desire and ability to generate future business
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Joy at JTajes@weisszarett.com.