Seth A. Nadel joined the Firm as an Associate Attorney in 2016, and primarily represents physicians, medical practices, and other health-related businesses in a broad range of litigation, transactional, corporate and regulatory compliance matters.
Among other areas of practice unique to the healthcare field, Mr. Nadel has extensive experience representing clients in connection with:
- Hospital privilege and credentialing issues
- Professional disciplinary proceedings before the New York Office of Professional Medical Conduct (OPMC) and the New York Office of Professional Discipline (OPD)
- Employment contracts and disputes
- Restrictive covenants
- Physician impairment and the Committee for Physician Health (CPH)
- Regulatory compliance frameworks including HIPAA, STARK, the Anti-Kickback Statute, OIG Self Disclosure Protocol, and others
- Pre- and post-payment audits and investigations by Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) and third-party commercial insurance payors
- General corporate matters and complex commercial litigation
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Nadel also practiced in the area of real estate law, representing buyers, sellers, and lenders in residential and commercial real estate transactions.
Mr. Nadel received his B.A. in Psychology from Long Island University in 2008 and his J.D. from Hofstra University Law School in 2015. He is admitted to practice law in the State of New York, as well as the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.